The InterSystems® JDBC driver supports three lightweight Java APIs that provide direct access to InterSystems IRIS databases via relational tables, objects, or multidimensional storage.
Java features available in InterSystems IRIS include:
- Relational access through the JDBC API
- Object access through the InterSystems XEP API
- Access to multidimensional storage through the InterSystems Native API
- Multi-model access to use multiple APIs together
- Support for third-party APIs such as Hibernate
- An underlying consistent structure, avoiding data duplication
Watch the video, then try the exercise below!