Welcome to the Java QuickStart!
The InterSystems JDBC driver supports three lightweight Java APIs that provide direct access to InterSystems IRIS databases via relational tables, objects, or multidimensional storage.
Java features available in InterSystems IRIS include:
- Relational access through the JDBC API
- Object access through the InterSystems XEP API
- Access to multidimensional storage through the InterSystems Native API
- Multi-model access to use multiple APIs together
- Support for third-party APIs such as Hibernate
- An underlying consistent structure, avoiding data duplication
Feel free to watch the video or try the exercise below.