- FHIR R4 Integration QuickStart
FHIR R4 Integration QuickStart
InterSystems IRIS for Health™ helps you build your HL7® FHIR® applications quickly and seamlessly.
Through the use of HL7® FHIR® and InterSystems IRIS for Health, you can easily:
- Expose discrete resources, improving performance.
- Convert data between HL7 FHIR and many other healthcare data formats such as HL7® V2 or HL7® CDA.
- Route, transform, and orchestrate data between multiple disparate applications.
- Store HL7 FHIR resources in a resource repository using InterSystems IRIS for Health as your HL7 FHIR application development environment.
Watch the video, and try the exercise below!Note: This QuickStart is only applicable for InterSystems IRIS for Health 2020.4+.
- Try It
Using InterSystems IRIS for Health, within a single platform you can easily:
- Retrieve or send small, discrete units of data known as HL7® FHIR® resources.
- Integrate applications that use different healthcare standards, such as HL7 FHIR and HL7® V2.
- Store data to an HL7 FHIR resource repository.
- Transform data for downstream systems.
In this exercise, you will load a sample integration solution that consumes healthcare data—both HL7 FHIR resources and HL7 V2 messages—and stores it to an HL7 FHIR repository within InterSystems IRIS for Health. You will then retrieve small discrete HL7 FHIR resources such as a patient or a medication, allowing you to optimize your application to work with just the data you need. Coding knowledge is not required to complete this tutorial.
Use an InterSystems Learning Lab by clicking the launcher button below to work on the exercise.
- HL7 FHIR R4 Integration Demo
HL7 FHIR R4 Integration Demo
- What's Next?