- FHIR R4 Integration QuickStart
FHIR R4 Integration QuickStart
InterSystems IRIS for Health™ helps you build your FHIR® applications quickly and seamlessly.
Through the use of FHIR and InterSystems IRIS for Health, you can easily:
- Expose discrete resources, improving performance.
- Convert data between FHIR and many other healthcare data formats such as HL7 v2 or CDA.
- Route, transform, and orchestrate data between multiple disparate applications.
- Store FHIR resources in a FHIR resource repository using InterSystems IRIS for Health as your FHIR application development environment.
Watch the video or try the exercise below!Note: This QuickStart is only applicable for InterSystems IRIS for Health 2020.4+.
- Try It
Using InterSystems IRIS for Health, within a single platform you can easily:
- Retrieve or send small, discrete units of data known as FHIR resources.
- Integrate applications that use different healthcare standards, such as FHIR and HL7 v2.
- Store data to a FHIR resource repository.
- Transform data for downstream systems.
In this exercise, you will load a sample integration solution that consumes healthcare data — both FHIR resources and HL7 v2 messages — and stores it to a FHIR repository within InterSystems IRIS for Health. You will then retrieve small discrete FHIR resources such as a patient or a medication, allowing you to optimize your application to work with just the data you need. Coding knowledge is not required to complete this tutorial.
Use an InterSystems Learning Lab by clicking the launcher button below to work on the exercise.
- FHIR Integration Demo
FHIR Integration Demo
- What's Next?