Transforming Data into the HL7 FHIR Format
See how to use InterSystems IRIS for Health™ or HealthShare® Health Connect to transform data into the HL7® FHIR® format, a commonly used standard for data exchange across healthcare systems. Then, learn how to manipulate FHIR data using dynamic objects. Towards the end of the course, you will complete the setup of a production to transform HL7 V2 resources into the FHIR format in a hands-on exercise.
Prerequisite Learning or Experience:
- Basic knowledge of InterSystems ObjectScript
- Basic knowledge of the HL7 FHIR standard
- Introductory-level experience with productions and the InterSystems Management Portal
- Using JSON in InterSystems IRIS (online course, 45m)
- Interoperability for Health Overview (video, 6m)
- FHIR Facade Architecture (video, 5m)
Audience This course is intended for developers who have some experience with the FHIR standard and need to create a FHIR Facade or use the FHIR Resource Repository.
Level of Difficulty Intermediate
Learning Objectives By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify options for transforming data and understand when to use them.
- Transform resources into the FHIR standard using the SDA data model.
- Manipulate FHIR data using dynamic objects.
Grading Criteria This course is not graded.
Resources Needed None.
- You must be logged in to launch this course.