- Experience Java and InterSystems IRIS™
Experience Java and InterSystems IRIS™
Connect your Java applications to InterSystems IRIS Data Platform™ easily using the API of your choice.
Click Build, Learn, Play, or watch the video below to get started.
If you are not familiar with InterSystems IRIS Data Platform, you can start by reviewing the InterSystems IRIS resource guide.
Discuss the Experience with your peers on the Developer Community using the tag Java Experience.
For technical help, contact the InterSystems Worldwide Response Center.
Watch videos and take courses that will help you familiarize yourself with using JDBC, Native API, XEP, and Hibernate with InterSystems IRIS. Choose from the following content:Overview — To learn about your options for using Java with InterSystems IRIS:
- Java Overview (5 min video)
- Designing a Java Connection Strategy (30 min course)
- Using a Java Shared Memory Connection (3 min video)
- Using JDBC (4 min video)
- First Look: JDBC (5 min reading; 15 min exercise)
- InterSystems IRIS JDBC Javadocs (reference)
- Using the Native API (5 min video)
- Using XEP (7 min video)
- First Look: XEP Object Persistence with InterSystems IRIS (10 min reading; 15 min exercise)
- Using Hibernate (11 min total for three videos)
Apply what you have learned about using Java with InterSystems IRIS to create a stock trading simulation application:
Ready to go off-road? Here is immediate access, free of charge, for 30 days:
- Contact us!
InterSystems would love to talk to you about your project. You can discuss building a targeted proof-of-concept, bringing your project to life with InterSystems IRIS and joining the InterSystems family of partners.
- Provide feedback on this Experience
Provide feedback on this Experience
To assist us in making this as helpful as possible for future learners, please complete the reviewer survey by selecting the link below. Don't forget to click Done at the end to submit your responses.