Sharing data between systems has never been easier than it is with InterSystems IRIS® data platform. Consume data from multiple systems, route messages according to logic you define, and connect using common protocols and multiple languages. With InterSystems IRIS, you can:
- Route messages based on metadata or message contents.
- Apply and update business logic in a low-code UI.
- Transform data programmatically for downstream systems.
- Use out-of-the-box components for quick integrations or code your own for even more flexibility.
- Act on data flowing through the system with machine learning algorithms.
- Store consolidated data to one repository for deeper analysis.
- Track messages to troubleshoot or audit with ease.
Watch the video to begin this QuickStart, then try the exercise below.
Cameras on traffic lights have been installed to automatically identify red light violations. This data needs to be stored to an archive for further analysis and sent to another application to issue a ticket, except in cases involving emergency vehicles. InterSystems IRIS is being used to route this data, apply rules to determine which violations result in tickets, and automatically transform data to the appropriate format needed for the downstream systems. For this activity, you will use the InterSystems Management Portal from an instance of InterSystems IRIS to see some of the key features of interoperability.
Start the exercise in one of three ways:
- Use an InterSystems Learning Lab by clicking the launcher button below.
- Use AWS, Azure, or GCP, first following the steps to change the password for InterSystems IRIS.
- Try the exercise locally with an instance of InterSystems IRIS.
When you use the integration tools within InterSystems IRIS along with the many other features, such as the built-in repository, machine learning connectors, natural language processing, and analytics capacity, doors are open wide to create an intelligent interoperability solution. Watch the video below to see an example that uses integration features of InterSystems IRIS.