Getting Started with FHIR
Learn the basics of HL7® FHIR® support in InterSystems IRIS for Health™ and HealthShare® Health Connect, including when to use HL7 FHIR in your applications, common use cases, the general architecture of FHIR data, and the tools available to you. This course contains three instructional lessons and several quiz questions. The videos are best viewed in full-screen mode.
Prerequisite Learning or Experience It is expected that you have a general understanding of InterSystems IRIS for Health or HealthShare Health Connect.
Audience This course is for anyone who is new to HL7 FHIR but has a background in InterSystems IRIS for Health or HealthShare Health Connect. It is aimed specifically at technical managers, system integrators, and developers.
Learning Objectives By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- State the definition of HL7 FHIR.
- Identify the benefits and common use cases of FHIR as compared to HL7 V2, HL7 V3, and HL7 CDA.
- Identify the parts of a FHIR message and common resources.
- Identify what InterSystems IRIS for Health and HealthShare Health Connect provides to work with FHIR data.
Duration 20 minutes.
Grading Criteria This course is not graded; quiz questions are provided for self-assessment.
Resources Needed None.
- You must be logged in to launch this course.
HL7® and FHIR® are the registered trademarks of Health Level Seven International and the use of these trademarks does not constitute an endorsement by HL7.