Data Transformations Basics
Learn to create data transformations with the graphical Management Portal interface. See how to map fields, use functions to modify the fields, and use literals as values for the fields. At the end, you will learn how to test and implement the transformation. This course contains eight instructional lessons and several quiz questions. The videos are best viewed in full-screen mode.
Version Updates The instructional content of this course has changed from previous versions. Updates include:
- Content now applicable for users of InterSystems IRIS for Health™
- A new section on the switch action
- Updated graphics and interactive elements
Prerequisite Learning or Experience Content expects that you have some understanding about HL7® (Health Level Seven International).
Audience This course is for those who are new to InterSystems IRIS for Health™, InterSystems HealthShare Unified Care Record®, or InterSystems HealthShare® Health Connect and want to learn about how to build a data transformation.
Learning Objectives By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Explain possible reasons for using a data transformation.
- Create a data transformation using the wizard in the Management Portal.
- Describe when you would use two possible values of Create: copy and new.
- Implement a function to change the value of a field.
- Assign the value of a target field to a literal value.
- Explain the difference between if action and switch action, and how to use them in your data transformations.
- Test a data transformation.
Duration 1 hour
Grading Criteria This course is not graded; quiz questions are provided for self-assessment.
Resources Needed None.
- You must be logged in to launch this course.
HL7® and FHIR® are the registered trademarks of Health Level Seven International and the use of these trademarks does not constitute an endorsement by HL7.