Sharding Basics: Planning and Deploying
Sharding is an effective approach to horizontally scaling your systems. Learn how to plan and deploy a sharded cluster using InterSystems IRIS® data platform.
This course contains two instructional lessons and several quiz questions. The videos and simulations are best viewed in full-screen mode.
Version Updates The instructional content of this course has changed from previous versions. Updates include:
- New sharding architecture in InterSystems IRIS
Prerequisite Learning or Experience ISC1124 Introduction to Sharding in InterSystems IRIS or equivalent experience.
Audience This course is intended for software architects who will be implementing sharding into their applications.
Duration 45 minutes.
Learning Objectives By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Plan a sharded cluster, including the number and size of data nodes.
- Deploy a sharded cluster.
- Use a sharded cluster, including creating sharded tables, loading data, and querying the database.
Grading Criteria This course is not graded; quiz questions are provided for self-assessment.
Resources Needed None.
- You must be logged in to launch this course.