- Building BPL Business Processes
Building BPL Business Processes
Business processes provide business logic and routing capabilities within an InterSystems production. Learn how to build a BPL business process using the Business Process Designer in the Management Portal. Then, practice what you have learned with hands-on exercises.
This course contains five instructional lessons and several quiz questions. The videos and simulations are best viewed in full-screen mode.
Version Updates The instructional content of this course has not changed from previous versions. Updates include:
- Content now applicable for users of InterSystems IRIS for Health™
Prerequisite Learning or Experience You should have basic knowledge of InterSystems production architecture and know how to add components to the Production Configuration page. You do not need to know how to write code using ObjectScript, as this will be done using a graphical editor.
Audience This course is intended for software developers and interface engineers who need a business process to perform multiple actions within a production.
Learning Objectives By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- State what a BPL business process is and identify when you would need to build one.
- Create a new BPL business process.
- Add activities such as assign, if, call, and sync.
- Add loop activities such as for each.
- Configure context properties.
- Add a business process to a production and configure basic settings.
- Test the business process on the Production Configuration page.
Duration 90 minutes for full course (60 minutes if omitting hands-on practice)
Grading Criteria This course is not graded; quiz questions are provided for self-assessment.
Resources Needed None.