- Building Custom Business Services
Building Custom Business Services
Business services communicate with external systems and relay messages to other components in an InterSystems® production. Learn how to create a custom business service in an InterSystems production. Then, practice what you have learned with hands-on exercises.
This course contains four instructional lessons and several quiz questions. The videos and simulations are best viewed in full-screen mode.
Version Updates The instructional content of this course has not changed from previous versions. Updates include:
- Content now applicable for users of InterSystems IRIS for Health™
Prerequisite Learning or Experience This course assumes learners have experience with InterSystems ObjectScript programming and the architecture of InterSystems productions.
Audience This course is for software developers who need to create custom business services to accept custom data coming into a production.
Learning Objectives By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Determine when and why to create a custom business service.
- Design and create a custom business service for a production.
- Add a new business service to a production and configure settings.
Duration 90 minutes for full course (45 minutes if omitting hands-on practice)
Grading Criteria This course is not graded; quiz questions are provided for self-assessment.
Resources Needed None.