- How to request free certification exams during GS 2022
How to request free certification exams during GS 2022
To request your free exam attempt:
- Register for Global Summit 2022
- Any time between now and June 23, 2022, request an attempt for an exam from firstname.lastname@example.org with the information below. You can also sign-up for an exam once you arrive at Global Summit (pending available seats) by visiting 504 Foss and speaking with a member of the Certification team (email email@example.com expressing your interest if a member of the Certification team is unavailable at 504 Foss). Please provide this information if you register by email:
- Candidate name and current organization,
- Copy of your email confirmation for Global Summit 2022,
- User name in our QuestionMark exam system (this requires going to the linked page and setting up an account if you are new to InterSystems exams), and
- Name of requested exam for the attempt (choose ONE from the list below -- if choosing the beta exam, TWO can be chosen).
- HealthShare Health Connect HL7 Interface Specialist
- HealthShare Patient Index Technical Specialist
- HealthShare Unified Care Record Technical Specialist
- InterSystems IRIS Core Solutions Developer Specialist
- InterSystems CCR Technical Implementation Specialist
- InterSystems IRIS System Administration Specialist (Beta - see below for exam information)
- Preferable session. Please also provide a 2nd option.
Session Times Date Early Late Monday, June 20 1:30 - 3:30 pm 3:45 - 5:45 pm Tuesday, June 21 7 - 9 am 3:30 - 5:30 pm Wednesday, June 22 7 - 9 am 3:30 - 5:30 pm Thursday, June 23 7 - 9 am No afternoon session
- The Certification Team will confirm your appointment via email.
- InterSystems IRIS System Administration Specialist
InterSystems IRIS System Administration Specialist
Target Exam Role:An InterSystems IRIS System Administration Specialist is an IT professional who:
- installs, manages, and monitors InterSystems IRIS environments,
- and ensures data security, integrity, and high availability.
- Classroom course Managing InterSystems Servers or equivalent experience.
- Online course InterSystems IRIS Management Basics, is recommended, as well as reading Platform Management Documentation.
- Complete the set of practice questions.
Recommended practical experience:
- 1-2 years performing system administration, management, and security tasks using InterSystems IRIS data platform version 2019.1 or higher.
Exam Practice Questions
The practice questions found here are provided to familiarize candidates with question formats and approaches.
The questions are presented in two formats: multiple choice and multiple response. Several documentation books from the Platform Management section of InterSystems IRIS Documentation will be available during the exam (see the practice question document at the bottom of the page to see the documentation books that will be available).
Disclaimer: Please note this exam has a 2-hour time limit. While several documentation books will be available during the exam, candidates will not have time to search the documentation for every question. Thus, completing the recommended preparation before taking the exam, and searching the documentation only when absolutely necessary during the exam, are both strongly encouraged!
Exam Topics and ContentThe exam contains questions that cover the areas for the stated role as shown in the KSA (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities) chart immediately below.
KSA Group Desc
T41 Installs and configures InterSystems IRIS Installs and upgrades instances
Installs development, client, server, and custom instances; Performs different security installs of InterSystems IRIS; Identifies structure and contents of folders in the Installation directory; Starts, stops, and lists instances from the command line; Upgrades existing instances
Configures namespaces, databases, memory, and other system parameters Creates, views, and deletes namespaces and databases; Identifies contents and characteristics of default databases; Maps and manages globals, routines, and packages; Determines when it is necessary to directly edit the iris.cpf and when it is inadvisable; Determines appropriate size of global buffers and routine buffers, and tunes them as needed; Determines appropriate journal states, database size, and maximum size for database; Determines disk space requirements for installation and operation; Determines memory requirements for installation and operation; Determines appropriate values for generic memory heap settings; Increases lock-table sizes Manages licenses Activates and reviews licenses; Configures license servers T42 Manages and monitors InterSystems IRIS Manages databases Mounts, dismounts, and expands databases; Compacts, truncates, and defrags databases; Checks database integrity; Manages data; Manages routines Manages user and system processes Performs process operations: suspend, resume, terminate; Inspects processes; Manages process locks; Uses Task Manager to view, schedule, execute, manage, and automate tasks Manages journaling Configures journal settings and locations; Uses journaling; Identifies the importance of enabling the "Freeze on error" option for data integrity; Differentiates between WIJ and journal functions; Uses Journal Profile utility; Restores journals; Purges journal files Diagnoses and troubleshoots problems Accesses and configures system logs; Identifies and interprets errors stored in system logs; Runs IRISHung/Diagnostic Report; Identifies and terminates stuck/looping processes; Inhibits access; Gains emergency access to configuration Monitors system
Uses ^PERFMON to monitor system; Determines which monitoring tools are appropriate for different performance issues such as journal profiles, ^BLKCOL, and ^SystemPerformance; Runs the ^SystemPerformance utility; Determines global sizes
T43 Implements system continuity Implements mirroring
Identifies requirements to set-up mirroring; Identifies mirror members and describes mirror communication; Configures mirroring; Determines failover possibilities; Adds databases to mirrors
Uses ECP; Configures ECP data and application servers; Monitors and controls ECP connections
Manages backups and recoveries Plans backup strategies including frequency required, journal file retention, and considers OS level vs InterSystems online backups; Identifies contents included in backups; Uses the FREEZE and THAW APIs for snapshot backups; Verifies backups; Restores system T44 Implements system security Uses audit log to track user and system events Enables and disables audit events; Views audit entries and audit event properties; Identifies the root cause of common audit events; Manages audit database Manages security Creates users and roles; Assigns roles and privileges; Grants permissions to resources; Enables and disables services; Protects applications and resources within applications; Implements database and data element encryption; Encrypts journals; Manages system-wide security settings; Imports/Exports security settings; Reduces attack surface; Implements two-factor authentication; Identifies the multiple layers involved in configuring and troubleshooting the Web Gateway (including connecting an external web server to InterSystems IRIS)