Caché ObjectScript Basics
Welcome to ISC1069: Caché ObjectScript Basics. This course contains three instructional lessons, plus several quiz questions. The videos in this course are best if viewed full screen.
In this course, you will learn the foundations of the Caché ObjectScript language especially as it relates to use in creating variables and objects in Caché. You will learn about variables, commands, and operators as well as how to find more information using the InterSystems DocBooks when needed. This course contains instructional videos and exercises.Prerequisite Learning or Experience The following classes and experience are helpful, but not required, when taking this course:
- ISC1057: Getting Started with Caché
- ISC1015: Creating a Caché Class Definition
- Experience with object-oriented programming (OOP)
Audience This course is for those who are new to Caché ObjectScript and have a basic knowledge of Caché tools.
Learning Objectives By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define how variables are typed in Caché ObjectScript.
- Demonstrate how to search documentation to find more information regarding variable types in the InterSystems Caché DocBooks.
- Demonstrate the use of
killto set variables, see what they contain, and remove them from memory.
- Manipulate variables using arithmetic & built-in functions.
- Use logical operators to compare variables.
- Evaluate an if/else statement.
doto run a method.
- Employ a loop in code.
Duration 80 minutes.
Grading Criteria This course is not graded; quiz questions are provided for self-assessment.
Resources Needed None.