- InterSystems ObjectScript Basics
InterSystems ObjectScript Basics
Learn the foundations of InterSystems ObjectScript and create scripts, variables, commands, and operators in InterSystems IRIS® data platform. Practice what you have learned in hands-on exercises.
This course contains three instructional lessons and hands-on exercises. The videos are best viewed in full-screen mode.
Version Updates The instructional content of this course has not changed from previous versions. Updates include:
- Applicable for all InterSystems products
- ISC1026: Introduction to InterSystems Products and Technologies
- ISC1131: Creating an InterSystems Class Definition
- Experience with object-oriented programming (OOP)
Audience This course is for those who are new to InterSystems ObjectScript and have a basic knowledge of InterSystems tools.
Learning Objectives By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define how variables are typed in InterSystems ObjectScript.
- Demonstrate how to search documentation to find more information about variable types.
- Demonstrate the use of
killto set variables, see what they contain, and remove them from memory.
- Manipulate variables using arithmetic & built-in functions.
- Use logical operators to compare variables.
- Evaluate an if/else statement.
doto run a method.
- Employ a loop in code.
Duration 1h 30m
Grading Criteria This course is not graded; quiz questions are provided for self-assessment.
Resources Needed None.