- InterSystems ObjectScript Basics
InterSystems ObjectScript Basics
Welcome to ISC1069: InterSystems ObjectScript Basics. This course contains three instructional lessons, plus hands-on exercises. The videos in this course are best if viewed full screen.
In this course, you will learn the foundations of the InterSystems ObjectScript language especially as it relates to use in creating variables and objects in InterSystems IRIS Database Platform. You will learn about variables, commands, and operators as well as how to find more information using the InterSystems DocBooks when needed. This course contains instructional videos and exercises.
Version Updates The instructional content of this course has not changed from previous versions. Updates include:
- Applicable for all InterSystems products
- ISC1026: Introduction to InterSystems Products and Technologies
- ISC1131: Creating an InterSystems Class Definition
- Experience with object-oriented programming (OOP)
Audience This course is for those who are new to InterSystems ObjectScript and have a basic knowledge of InterSystems tools.
Learning Objectives By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define how variables are typed in InterSystems ObjectScript.
- Demonstrate how to search documentation to find more information regarding variable types in the InterSystems IRIS DocBooks.
- Demonstrate the use of
killto set variables, see what they contain, and remove them from memory.
- Manipulate variables using arithmetic & built-in functions.
- Use logical operators to compare variables.
- Evaluate an if/else statement.
doto run a method.
- Employ a loop in code.
Duration 80 minutes.
Grading Criteria This course is not graded; quiz questions are provided for self-assessment.
Resources Needed None.