InterSystems SQL Overview
Learn about the options developers have for using SQL within InterSystems IRIS® data platform, and how to use class queries, dynamic SQL, and embedded SQL in your InterSystems ObjectScript classes.
This course contains three instructional lessons and several quiz questions. The videos and simulations are best viewed in full-screen mode.
Version Updates The instructional content of this course has not changed from previous versions. Updates include:
- Updated for InterSystems IRIS
- Updated to use Visual Studio Code
Prerequisite Learning or Experience SQL experience. If you need an introduction to SQL, try one of the following before taking this course:
Audience This course is intended for anyone who wants an introduction to using SQL within InterSystems IRIS.
Learning Objectives By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Test an SQL query using both Terminal and the Management Portal.
- Determine whether to use a class query, dynamic SQL, or embedded SQL in your application.
- List the steps needed to implement a class query, dynamic SQL, or embedded SQL in your application.
Duration 30 minutes.
Grading Criteria This course is not graded; quiz questions are provided for self-assessment.
Resources Needed None.